Bulk SMS Xpress is committed to business practices in compliance with industry acceptable privacy standards and in compliance with the law. This policy sets out what the categories of personal information we may collect from you or other sources when you make use of our website and how we process that personal information.
If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Personal information: Personal Information will include information defined by the applicable legislation to be “personal information”. This is information which you provide to us which personally identifies you or another person, such as name, email address, billing information, or other data which we can reasonably link to such personal information.
- Collection and use of personal information: We collect personal information about you when you provide information through the website or our systems. We may also collect information about you from other third parties related to our operations or within our business structure. The information we collect is limited to the details we need to provide the specific service that you have requested. We will only collect personal information for a specified purpose and collect and process personal information only for the purpose for which you give it to us. We do not collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties. It is Bulk SMS Xpress’s policy to limit the information collected to collect only the minimum information required considering the purpose for which the information was collected. In any instance where non-mandatory information is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection. Unless the law requires otherwise, we only use the personal information you provide to us to deliver the specific information or service you have requested. Without your express consent, we will not use your contact details for any other purpose, except to
- perform our duties in terms of our agreement with you;
- carry out, monitor and analyze our business;
- contact you by email, SMS, telephone or in any other way about our products and services if you request us to do so unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive communications;
- develop or improve products or services that may be of interest to you;
- carry out market research, business, and statistical analysis;
- carry out audits;
- perform other administrative and operational purposes including the testing of systems;
- comply with our regulatory or other obligations;
- carry out any other reasonable business operation considering our business and the relationship between you and us.
We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others for the purposes set out in this policy, or otherwise if you have consented thereto, or if we are legally obliged or entitled to do so. We have trusted relationships with carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf.
We may share information about you with (i) any payment system we may use; (ii) other companies that provide products or services to us; (iii) regulatory and governmental authorities, ombudsmen, or other authorities, including tax authorities, where we are requested by them to do so; (iv) any other third party if allowed to do so in law.
When we employ another company to perform a function on our behalf, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. To the extent that that third party requires your information to enable Bulk SMS Xpress to provide you with our services, or perform business-related functions on our behalf, you hereby consent to Bulk SMS Xpress sharing your personal information with such third parties.
Security: We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We make use of electronic and computer safeguards such as firewalls. We have physical and electronic access control to our buildings.
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential and not kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it.
Right to request access and changes to personal information: If any of your personal information changes, you must let us know immediately by updating your Bulk SMS Xpress account or contacting our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right of access to personal information you have submitted to Bulk SMS Xpress. Bulk SMS Xpress is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to visitors to allow them the opportunity to identify and correct any inaccuracies. When requested and practical, Bulk SMS Xpress will delete identifying information from current operational systems. If you want us to remove or update any of your personal information, please contact our Support team at email@example.com.
Bulk SMS Xpress does not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of personal information. When practically possible, if we are informed that any personal information submitted to our website or systems and stored by us is no longer accurate, Bulk SMS Xpress will make appropriate changes. However, Bulk SMS Xpress will not be liable for any damage that you may suffer from any cause what so ever due to inaccurate information being provided to Bulk SMS Xpress or a failure to update information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE
Your personal information. Examples of when you may choose to provide personal information include if you want to:
- register for Bulk SMS Xpress online products and/or services
- participate in "join our mailing list" initiatives
- contact us for further information
- enter Quick Surveys, Quiz's or Benchmarking Surveys
Purpose of Collection: Typically, we may collect your personal information in order to:
- register you for certain services
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts, by enabling statistical analysis of the site and product usage
- deliver information to you, such as administrative notices and news
- deliver account balance updates
- answer your requests and queries
- Fulfill any of our obligations in terms of the agreement with you or in terms of the applicable law.
Examples of further instances in which we may collect your personal information include:
- Purchases. When you make a purchase online we will collect order information in order to facilitate delivery and payment for the product and/or services. Your credit card information will only be collected and stored by our third party payment gateway service provider who is fully PCI compliant, and not by Bulk SMS Xpress. Our third party payment gateway services provider may collect IP address, browser version and other information about the software and hardware resident on the computer you use to make the purchase. This information is collected and used solely for purposes of authentication and security. By making a purchase on our website you authorize such collection and use.
- Contacting us.You are also able to send emails or requests through the website. Your messages will contain your screen name and email address, as well as any additional information you may wish to include in the message. Because we use the website as a tool to provide customer service and product support, a visit to the website may also result in your personal information being sent to an individual within Bulk SMS Xpress.
Use of information: Personal information obtained through our website will be used for the intended purpose stated at the time that the information is collected or for purposes as set out in this policy.
Marketing: Except for the mailing list initiative described above, where you explicitly choose to receive specific Bulk SMS Xpress marketing or other materials, Bulk SMS Xpress will not use personal information collected from our websites to facilitate unsolicited marketing activities. You may at anytime select to unsubscribe from any email newsletter or SMS notification by following the unsubscribe and opt-out directions in the body of such email or SMS. Bulk SMS Xpress will not sell your personal information obtained through the website.
Log files: In order to properly manage our website we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. This is to ensure that our website presents the best web experience for visitors and is an effective information resource.
Display advertising: We use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when you visit our website and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about your visits to our website and the sites upon which we advertise, to serve our ads to you. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, unique third-party cookies may be placed or recognized on your browser. In addition, we may use web beacons, provided by our third-party ad server, to help manage and optimize our online advertising. These web beacons enable our ad server, on our behalf or on behalf of our agent, to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site, and to learn which banner ads bring users to our website. Our third-party ad server is performing its functions on our behalf or on behalf of our agent, and we may, directly or indirectly, instruct such ad server to enable other service providers to receive information about our site related to our online advertising.
Unsubscribe: >You voluntarily provide us with personal information. Should you subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, we will provide instructions on the appropriate website area or in communications to you; or you may contact Bulk SMS Xpress Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OUR SYSTEMS.
Processing and Storing of Content: Electronic communications or transactions submitted to our systems for processing or transmission may contain personal information about you or another person. We will only process such personal information for the purpose of effectively providing the relevant service to you. Content of your electronic communications or transactions may be stored on our live systems or in our data archives for operational purposes such as reporting and trouble shooting. We delete message content completely from our systems and data archives when it is no longer required for operational purposes and in terms of our internal company policies. By submitting electronic communications or transactions containing personal information of other persons to us for transmission, you confirm that you have obtained the explicit consent of each such other person for Bulk SMS Xpress to process and store their personal information. We do not accept any liability resulting from our processing or storage of personal information you submit to our systems for which you do not have the necessary consent.
Processing and storage of numbers:
- the subscriber from whose mobile number a transaction is initiated; and
- mobile numbers to which direct prepaid airtime is loaded via our systems.
By submitting electronic communications to us for transmission to recipients, you confirm that you have obtained the explicit consent of each recipient for Bulk SMS Xpress to process and store their mobile numbers. By submitting transactions to our systems for processing or allowing others to do so, you confirm that the following persons have given their express consent for Bulk SMS Xpress to process and store their mobile numbers:
- the subscriber from whose mobile number a transaction is initiated; and
- in the event of direct prepaid airtime top-up, the subscriber whose mobile number is topped up as a result of a transaction done via our systems.
We do not accept any liability resulting from our processing or storage, during the provision of our services to you, of subscribers’ mobile numbers.